Project: Logo and Custom WordPress Website Design
The Diablo Light Opera Company, celebrating its 50th anniversary as one of the Bay Area’s premier producers of musical theater, was changing its name to the Diablo Theatre Company. A new logo and website were needed to launch the rebranding effort.
Challenge: Busy theater company website required constant, expensive maintenance from an outside web designer
The maintenance of the old site was a constant chore for this vibrant organization. Notifying the public of upcoming performances, auditions, and children’s acting classes required weekly updates and the cooperation of an outside web designer.
Solution: New logo, branding and website design centered around user needs
A new site was needed to emphasize the excitement of live theater and streamline maintenance for constantly updated content. We built the site on a customized WordPress content management system (CMS), writing widgets and a back-end tailored to their needs.
Result: A new CMS website the staff can update daily, reflecting an updated brand. Workflows streamlined, improved user experience.
- Logo and website now conveys the excitement of live theater
- Streamlined the online ticket ordering process
- Emphasize grant-friendly programs like youth theater offerings
- Encouraged press coverage
- Built a content management system that allows administrative staff to make changes to the site whenever needed.
- Features upcoming shows, auditions and educational opportunities