Project: Logo and CMS Website
Challenge: Outdated website was difficult to update and hindered renter application process
The original site was outdated, without any branding or tools for renter interaction. The application process was old-fashioned and laborious for office staff and renters alike.
A new site was needed to greatly improve user satisfaction, allow online booking of furnished apartments by out-of-towners and foreign visitors, and to simplify administrative tasks.
LandmarkSF.com Site Goals:
- Increase the rental of short-term furnished apartments by 1) providing out-of-towners all the information they need to rent an apartment sight-unseen, and 2) creating a smooth online booking process.
- Simplify the application process for the local renters of unfurnished apartments by creating an online application and “request an appointment to view” form.
- Simplify upkeep by creating a content management system to enable listing agents to freely edit apartment availability.
- Automate marketing by creating a tool that generates attractive HTML for Craigslist posts using the content management system and existing property listings.
Solution: Build site to answer common renter questions and facilitate the rental process
Landmark Realty handles apartment rentals for three audiences with very different needs:
- Unfurnished rentals for long-term accommodation by a local Bay Area audience
- Month-to-month furnished rentals for long term vacations and corporate travelers
- Hawaii vacation rentals
Result: All-time low vacancy rate leading to business expansion
The new site is so effective that, for the first time, Landmark had almost no vacancies for Summer 2011, with open properties renting almost as soon as they became available. The company is in the process of acquiring new buildings to meet increased demand.